Monday, January 5, 2009

Training Starts

Janet has started her training in earnest, but the weather seems to not be cooperating...the joys of an ultra-cyclist.

On Jan 4 Janet decided to brave the ride to Julian from Rancho Bernardo... she wrote:

"About halfway between Santa Ysabel and Julian it turned overcast and I started getting pretty chilly. It was frustrating to see the rest of SD County bathed in sunshine. I managed to made it to Julian and survived the descent back down alternating which bare hand to stick under my jersey and thaw out. In Santa Ysabel, I could start to move and feel my fingers again but was still in overcast surrounded by sunshine seemingly everywhere else. Then it started raining on me! I decided to give myself the Indian name “Stuck Under the Same Go$$amn Cloud”

It was warm and sunny enough in Ramona at last to shed a couple layers. I carry a little backpack for stowing wind jacket, head band, tights etc.

In one of the side pockets I pulled out a nice pair of mittens I had gotten for Christmas…"

The rigors of training for the "Worlds Toughest Race" have begun.

No comments: