Sunday, April 5, 2009

How Janet uses Hammer Nutrition Products

I have noticed a definite uptick in energy levels and ability to recover since taking Hammer Nutrition supplements (at mealtime!) regularly. Because the Hammer Nutrition people focus on endurance and stamina based athletes, I have confidence that the components in their Race Caps, Mito Caps, Anti Fatigue and Premium Caps go a long way to maintaining the levels of vitamins and intrinsic factors that athletes in training tend to deplete. This does not replace a decent well balanced diet, of course, but it takes the burden off the athlete of having to figure out what supplements to take or guess what might be missing from the diet. I can train with more confidence knowing I can recover more completely. A casual search on the Internet shows that the ingredients are part of well known metabolic pathways or extracts of well known homeopathic remedies. I consider taking HN supplements an essential part of training and as important if not more so with keeping my equipment well maintained.

And of course there are the proven on-the-bike products; nothing fights the bonk and keeps me in electrolyte balance better than eCaps. Sustained Energy (served chilled) is a great alternative to typically sweet race food, and ideal when conditions make solid food difficult to take. Hammer Bars are also a preference; easy to chew, they ward off the bonk for a good 1-2 hours. This is especially advantageous out on my longer RAAM training rides when I can easily hit the wall late in the day/evening, and might be miles from the nearest food store. HammerGel is a favorite quick source of calories when it is impossible to take time to unwrap energy bars or mix powdered drinks, (e.g. trying to stay with a hard riding group or keeping up the effort on a long tough climb). It always gives me a quick boost and ‘rescued’ me innumerable times when I found myself teetering on the edge of bonking.

HN also has an excellent line of clothing. I use almost every clothing item sold by Hammer Nutrition in my normal training rides as well as weekend event. I am very satisfied with their comfort and durability, especially the gloves and shorts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill:

Could you send me some info on how you did the sound system? I'm doing RAW and at this point am counting on iPods, but if we could rig a sound system that would be too sweet!

Thanks,
Leslie

leslie.holton@medtronic.com